Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Super Mom I am Not!

I have no desire to have Breakfast ready before my kids wake up, or to have the cleanest house in America (If anything, I actually may end up on the show "Clean House"). I don't want to iron my clothes, or tuck in my sons shirt. I don't mind having breakfast for Lunch and dinner at 8. I have no desire to Perfect the small or Large things when it comes to Parent hood. Life is like a box of chocolates and you don't really find that out until you have some spawn of your own.

When I wake up, I don't know if I'm going to wake up in a puddle of pee (yes we co- sleep, if sardines can do it, so can we) or with drips of drool on my face because my puppy, uh I mean son, is hovering over me with a huge watery grin on his face. Sometimes the sun is out, sometimes its not. Breakfast happens when it can and Summer is completely content with her honey nut cheerios and some juice on the side. Who says she needs breakfast fit for a queen everyday? No me!

The only thing consistent in our lives is my sons nap and even that's changing a little more everyday. I cant predict tomorrow but I can tell you I don't care much for being a super mom. I wont post a status update on my perfectly well behaved children (because they aren't) or how I completely adore being a mother (some days I think I should be getting paid for this full time gig lol). I won't pretend that I dont take just a little longer in the bathroom, or wish I could hide under the bed without my rugrats finding me . Super mom can do it all, and guess what? I can't and I'm okay with that :)

1 comment:

  1. Lol your blogs are funny, I can relate, although I am a superdad lol

    ReplyDelete