Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Did you notice the leaves were changing?

The weather has suddenly changed. Its much colder than it was yesterday but the sun is still shining. The winter is approaching, dreading the winter time. I just totally skipped the fact that fall has arrived. Pumpkin picking, Apple orchards, halloween costumes and family dinners. Oh yes and the leaves are changing.

Every year I promise myself I'm going to stop and realize the leaves are changing . Not look up one day while on the highway and finally realize the leaves look more beautiful than when they are just plain ol' green. It never happens, Maybe this year it will.

My sons 1st birthday party approaching and as I was preparing a sweet 12 month collage of him and I realized he changed right before my eyes. He was once a ball of cells and now he is this little being. He went from 0 (mph) to 60 in 12 months but it feels like 5 minutes. How could I not see the transformation? I'm glad I took many pictures of him. Sometimes its hard to see the gradual changes. Physically and mentally.

We should take more time out our days to see things. Make an actual effort instead of just letting life pass us by. We are are living but are hardly enjoying the existence of the small things. The leaves changing or the way a little boy can grow in to a handsome little Hercules both have the same significance. Realize whats in front of you before life passes you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment