Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Patience....Got some to spare?

I am truly a firm believer that you must have some sort of patience to get by as a parent. You cant skimp by on that. Sure, I'm a firm believer in it but I never knew how much I would exactly need to survive mother hood.

Sleepless nights and crying child can wear down on your patience. My kids never slept good and infants. Always waking up every 30 minutes to nurse. Never satisfied, always crying. It was so hard. I would sit and think, "If this is hard now, imagine when they get older". They say the kids get better with time, it doesn't, when one thing is over a new habit starts, example, tons of drooling from teething babies leads to teeth to bite moms nipple off during nursing sessions, some babies are cereal bitters, thank god mines weren't!

Some nights it was so bad, i would cry too, I figured hey, maybe they will have some sympathy on me and just go to sleep. yeah, who was I kidding? There's no room to be a baby when your taking care of a baby. Mother hood is so hard sometimes and I find myself searching for patience high and low. Its often being stretched in the middle of the day and by nap time I'm running on E!

 Lucky thing for us moms (and dads) is that patience can be Replenished! Sometimes it takes a little digging to find out what will help you get back in to mommy mode and away from a mommy melt down. I often say I love my kids a little more after they nap because its like fresh start. 20 minutes of peace can do wonders on someones mind! Every morning wake up like its a new day because guess what? It is! Your patience level will be refilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment