Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Breastfeeding Produces Milk not "Daddy's boys" Or "Daddy's girls"

I find it kind of amusing how almost everyone who approaches me when I'm with my two monkeys and they automatically assumes that one of the kids is Daddy's boy or girl. I have two happy kids on each hip (an almost 3 and 1 year old), while dad freely roams the isles ( do I sound jealous? I am!). Does it look like they belong to daddy?

Breastfeeding both my children has given us a very, very, very, very Strong bond, stronger then gorilla glue! I'm sure all breastfeeding advocates say "breast is best, you build such a strong bond". What they don't tell you is that as the sole provider for nutrition (breastfeeding, not pumping) your child will imprint your face in their brain, JUST LIKE A GOSLING

. You are the moon (their pamper), the stars (their pump cloth) and the sky (their wipey), and daddy (quoted from my husband) is "the help".

Not only are you the sole nutritional provider, you also end up doing everything else most of the time because lets face it, breastfed babies nurse a lot. You might as well change that poopy diaper dads running from, and while your at it change the clothes too. Might as well shower them, might as well do everything else!

I often feel that there is no room for dad when it comes to the breastfed baby. We are taught not to pump for 2 months, breastfeed on demand, stare at your baby, cuddle your baby, wake up every hour at night and nurse 15x a day, be there for your baby AT ALL TIMES. Where's dads spot? Where does dad fit into this this equation? I often argued with my husband about me doing all the work when in the reality my baby chose me to do all the work. They didn't want dad. They wanted a warm breast, warm milk, long hair to wrap around their tiny fingers, a soft spot in the perfect place. A woman was built to do this and her infant was meant to need her.

My son is a mama's boy and my daughter is mama's girl. It is apparent at all times, it's probably the only thing my husband gets jealous about (I'm pretty sure he could do without all the hard work). Dad shouldn't get credit for my lactating boobs, 3am feedings at 14 months (yes, 14 months) and hard work. They are mines :)


****************
Every situation is different, this is mines. If your breastfed baby geared towards their father, congrats to you, you have been given an extra 30 minute break in your day :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment