Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Its Okay to Not like your kids sometimes

We are humans fully capable of experiencing an array of emotions, from sad to excited we cover it all. We handle stress differently and have more or less patience than others. Ill probably be the first to admit, sometimes I don't like my kids. Does this mean I don't love them?, NO! It just simply mean there are times when I am not too fond of them and just need a simple break.  

My kids are rough! Some days are better than others, some worse than most days. They are really into independence (I blame that on my free range method) and they are just into everything like most children. They are emotional creatures, always crying or demanding something, never listening to the word you drill in their head everyday (no). Being a breastfeeding on demand, work at home, stay at home mom is not easy. The stars are never really aligned in my favor. Before bed, I come up with a master plan in my head for the day before. IT NEVER HAPPENS. Like I said my kids are rough. 

On my bad days sometimes I want things to go as planned and when its really bad I just want a break from it all. I don't want boogers on my face, or a 2 year old brushing my hair pretending to be a hair stylist. I don't want my son pulling at my shirt for his 5th nursing session is 20 minutes. Sometimes I don't want to be touched or bothered. I'm not a monster. I'm a person with feelings. Sure a super mom would enjoy their whiney toddler tugging on their cape every 3 minutes, but I know I don't on my bad days. 

Its okay to be overwhelmed and need a break. Its okay to cry when your 7 day old just wont shut up. We are not made from steel. If we didn't have these emotions we would all be monotone robots. Don't beat yourself up , life happens. Take a deep breath (if you can), pace around the house (without tripping over some toys) and tell yourself  "soon they will all be sleeping" (even if they just woke up lol) 

2 comments:

  1. I love this.... sometimes I just want to run away, then I feel bad like I'm not a good mom! Thanks for sharing! It's always nice to know you aren't alone!! Mine are 13 months apart..and it's rough some days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Gina! LOVE THIS! This is just perfect to describe what parenting (mothers) is truly all about! It's not easy at all, I definitely agree 1000% we are NOT made of steel! And we always need a break. It's too much sometimes!

    ReplyDelete