Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Who wouldn't a mother Want to be Called "Super mom"?

I'm sure many of you out there are wondering why I don't want to know as a super mom. I know I'm not alone in the Anti Super mom image. I know many people look at me like a super mom but I don't feel like I am because at the end of the day, I'm just doing my Job as a mother.

In life perfection is hard to come by. A lot of people thrive for perfection, whether it's being the right weight or having the best grades in school. I thrive to be the best mother I can be. I know I'm not perfect even though it may seem like that to the outside world, but I try damn hard to do what I can.

Super mom is Perfection In my eyes (it may be different in yours). The woman who is up at 7am, has breakfast ready at 8, lunch at noon and Dinner at 6, has the laundry done and folded, and a clean house from top to bottom and fresh looking kids 24.7. Super mom is never loosing your temper or letting things go crazy.  All these accomplishment with 5 kids and a husband to tend to.

That's not me. I stumble, I fall, I cry. I get angry, sad, happy and frustrated in a 25 minute time span because that's what being a stay at home mom is about. The love and sometimes hate relationship you can have with your kids. The ice cream on the rug and the clay in the hair, the new artist using the wall as her canvas and the little boy who just loves playing with dog food; It all adds up and seems like this is my perfection. Breakfast, lunch and dinner when ever it can happen and laundry once a month. That's life for me. In pajamas all day, resting in the sun that creeps through the window pretending we are playing in the sand at the beach. Watching too much cartoons and reading 1000 books and working when I can.  Routines...What routine? That was out the window the day I chose to breastfeed. This is my chaos, our life, our way.

Super moms have no room to fail or grow because they are already perfect. Super moms plaster a smile on their face each day and pretend everything is okay when In reality is probably not. I'm far from perfect and don't feel bad if you are from it too because it just means that there is always something new to learn and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment